Hello! Welcome to the West Parish School PTO website. Our goal is to provide our West Parish parents with as much information as possible about what is going on in and outside of school. We are looking forward to another great year!
As we start a new year in the midst of a pandemic, things will look very different. However, we are a community and we will stick together, in person and remote learners alike, to support each other and make the best of this school year!
We would like to welcome our new PTO officers!
Sally Bertolino – PTO President
Christie Strople – PTO Vice President
Anthony Rovedo – Treasurer
Marni Frithsen – Secretary
Hi West Parish Families. I know the last few weeks have been challenging in many ways for all of us, and unfortunately, we are still just at the beginning of this journey. In an effort to help you through, we have compiled a small list of activities and websites that your children can participate in from home.
- Every morning (M-F) at 9 am Joe “The Body Coach” holds a P.E. class via YouTube. You can view these anytime, as they are posted to his channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Meteorologist Jackie Layer has been going live with science experiments on the 7News – WHDH Boston Facebook page. The videos are available to view on their “Videos” page or can be viewed live at 10:30 am M-F.
- Paula Moran has posted a wonderful art project video via YouTube https://youtu.be/gTp8cIctaoQ
- NOAA Fisheries is hosting a virtual art contest for 2020. Students are asked to submit artwork highlighting a threatened or endangered marine species. Details can be found here: https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/event/2020-marine-endangered-species-art-contest. Artwork may be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Zoom offers a unique way for kids to get together for a virtual playdate. My kids have had 2 “playdates” with their friends this way and they loved it. Meetings of 40 minutes or less are free. Sign up for an account at https://zoom.us/.
In other news, the Red Sox game is up in the air right now. If you have already purchased tickets, we want you to know that your checks have not been deposited. You will not be charged if the game is cancelled.
The Open Door is very busy helping our local families. If you need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to them. If you want to help, they are need volunteers to help pack bags and deliver meals. Alternatively, we encourage you to make a donation. More information can be found at https://www.foodpantry.org/.
The Shop with Scrip program is still available, but we are not placing orders for physical cards right now. We encourage you to purchase cards to vendors such as Amazon if you are doing a lot of online shopping.
As always, we encourage you to continue scanning your receipts for BoxTops!
Stay safe & take care of yourselves!
The West Parish PTO
It’s that time of year again… We are preparing for the Holiday Fair! We will host a Craft Room full of fun crafts, twenty-five amazing vendors to shop from, a raffle table full of incredible prizes, and a Holiday Shop for the kids. In addition, our Scholastic Book Fair will be open for shopping and the 5th grade class will provide concession.
In order to ensure that our fair is a success, we need YOUR help. Please consider donating your time to help out in the Craft Room or Holiday Shop. Sign up here! THANK YOU! #ittakesavillage